II-VI A&D’s expertise is based on the long-term experience and accomplishments of its researchers and engineers. Selected recent publications from II-VI's research team can be found here.
II-VI has well established expertise and provides unique technical solutions in the following areas of development:
- Wavefront and beam control hardware including beam steering and deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, beam and image quality sensors, and controllers.
- Design and integration of adaptive optics systems for directed energy, laser illumination, target tracking, designation, active and passive imaging, atmospheric sensing, and characterization
- Numerical simulation of atmospheric effects and their impact on performance of various optical systems; analysis includes target in-the-loop propagation, anisoplanatic imaging, speckle, thermal blooming, and refractive effects. High-speed wave-optics simulation tools are based on GPU/CUDA technology.
- Conformal optical systems including fiber-array based adaptive laser beam projection systems, sparse imaging systems, coherent LIDAR, laser tracking, and remote sensing systems.
- Advanced control and signal/image processing algorithms for mitigation of negative impact of non-linear optical, turbulence (atmospheric and underwater), and jitter effects.
- Adaptive free-space laser communication systems that are robust, light-weight, secure, and operate at high data rates for advanced communications.
Unique mathematical methods and computational techniques developed by II-VI’s team, which allow comprehensive numerical analysis of atmospheric optical systems in realistic operating conditions. Read more >